I realized today my thirty-first birthday is approaching fast.
I made a goal a few months ago, to be able to run 3 miles continuously by my birthday. I am currently at 2.5 miles. I am feeling confident that I will be able to do 3 miles in the next few weeks.
This is a huge accomplishment for me, as I am someone who used to say the only way I was running was if someone was chasing me. As the time for the possible zombie apocalypse approaches, I realize more and more that there may very well be someone chasing me at some point. I decided, I might need to start running. After all, I only have to run faster than someone else, and if that someone is a person who sits on the couch a lot, I am in good shape.
Seeing as how I live in Tennessee, where the obesity rate is fourth highest in the country .. I think I am in pretty good shape. My sister in law, and her husband, run 12 miles regularly. Guess who I'm NOT hanging out with after the zombies take over.
I was concerned, at one time, about my children. They are young, so assuming they can run fast, and far, is a little unreasonable. I could easily carry one, it might slow me down, but if I had a gun... How would I carry a gun, and my kids, and run?? I couldn't leave them behind obviously, because I'm not THAT kind of mother...
Then, the answer:
Photo Credits here.
Pure genius.
My original post was not going to be about zombies, I got sidetracked. But, since I can't top zombies, I am going save the other one for some other time...

Awesome!! Already I'm learning from you. I need to make friends with some very slow people immediately while working on myself then trade up but never anyone faster than myself. Love you, girl Your writing is AWESOME. Keep it up. <3
ReplyDelete